Subsidiary: KIRA Aerospace Services
Job Title: Electronic Technician II
Job Location: Wallops Island, VA
Labor Category: Non- Exempt – Union
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Electronic Technician II will provide support to NASA’s sounding rocket experiments.
- Responsible for fabrication of electronic assemblies and harnesses
- Responsible for operating, preventative maintenance, upgrades and repairs to ground stations in Building F-10
- Fabricate wire harnesses for payload checkout, testing cables for component, circuit board and deck testing, launch support cables such as programming bus, blockhouse and umbilical cables and flight harness and flight cables.
- Assemble circuit card assemblies and test point to point wiring
- Use electronic equipment and related devices for one or more of the following: installing, maintaining, repairing, overhauling, troubleshooting, modifying, construction, and testing.
- Applies comprehensive technical knowledge to solve complex problems (i.e. those that typically can be solved solely by properly interpreting manufacturers’ manuals or similar documents) in working on electronic equipment.
- Work involves familiarity with the interrelationships of circuits, the exercise of judgment in determining work sequence and in selecting tools and testing instruments that are usually less complex than those used by the technicians.
- Assignments may include the calibration of electronic and instrumentation equipment
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
- Minimum 6 years of general experience, 4 years of which have been as an electronic technician or a total of 8 years general electronic experience
- Technical knowledge of electronic principles, and ability to use schematics in such areas as drafting, designing, equipment construction, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and understanding of airborne telemetry systems including wiring, installation of payload components, performance of initial payload checks, and ground station pre‐launch testing and launch support
- Knowledge of a wide variety of electronic test equipment to support component / payload testing and checkout of prototype electronic
- Training or certification in the following may be required:
- Crimp, Cable, and Harness Certification per NASA‐STD‐8739.4 w/Change 6
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Control per GPR 8730.6A
- General Safety Awareness, IT Security, Environmental Compliance, and Personnel Safety and Health
- Hazardous Materials Handlers (see Safety and Health Plan)
- Mate / Demate per NASA‐STD‐8739.4 w/Change 6
- Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies per ANSI / J‐STD‐001F
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.