Subsidiary: KIRA Aerospace
Job Title: Engineer Technician III- HVAC
Job Location: NASA Goddard, Greenbelt, MD
Labor Category: Non- Exempt, Union
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
- Install, examine, replace, and repair equipment related to commercial/industrial HVAC systems, including chillers, absorbers, generators, compressors, air handlers, refrigerant systems, and associated control systems.
- Monitor (remotely and locally) and control HVAC systems to maintain specified temperature and humidity specifications in multiple clean room environments.
- Repairs and maintains other mechanical and physical plant systems, including motors, pumps, valves, steam operated equipment, compressors, etc.
- Read, write and interpret drawings, blueprints and schematics in order to perform component level repairs and cost estimates.
- Must have general mechanical aptitude to perform other production duties as assigned.
- Ability to work safely, follow directions and conduct quality and safety inspections. Must understand and follow posted work rules/procedures.
- May perform other duties associated within area of assignment as directed by lead personnel or management.
- May perform temporary duties in other areas or other duties associated within area of assignment.
- Education or years’ experience commensurate with skill level required for position complexity as determined by management. At least five years direct experience in HVAC trade working with commercial/industrial HVAC systems and/or building automation systems.
- Must be licensed for handling refrigerants per State requirements.
- Proven in-depth knowledge of related building codes regulations and ordinances. Proven ability to effectively read, interpret and work from plans, schematics and drawings. Prior experience in project estimation of labor, materials and equipment required.
- Experience working with variable frequency drives (VFD’s) and PLC’s is desired
- Experience working with high-sensitivity environments (ie, clean rooms) is desired
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions from Leads, engineering or management.
- Ability to use own judgment and decisions to allow continuity of work flow.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be capable of passing required physical examinations and successfully completing assigned training or other required training or certifications as directed by ETIS III management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.