Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Engineering Technician II
Job Location: USAF Academy, CO
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The purpose of this position is to analyze and assign preventive maintenance (PM) work tasks to work sections, schedule and tracks adds/deletions from schedules, updates Next Generation (NexGen) Information Technology software. Collect, analyze, and process facility inventory and assessment data for sustainment of USAFA infrastructure. Support engineers and architects in investigating work requirements, preparing statements of work, and estimates.
- Tracks and schedules over 13,000 PM tasks in NexGen data base, correlate tasks with the Air Force Preventive Maintenance Task List (PMTL).
- Reviews infrastructure plans and programs and becomes familiar with the inventory/survey methodology, assessment criteria, and prioritization strategy necessary for preparation and updating of the plans and programs.
- Utilizing established standard operating procedures (Playbooks), supports inventory inspections, and assessment of existing facilities and infrastructure systems for preparation of plans and programs.
- Creates, reviews, and updates infrastructure databases with assessment/survey data gathered.
- Assists with the processing of AF Form 332.
- Assists Sub-AMP Managers in the management of their Activities and identification of projects.
- Assists in the communication of concerns from in-house craftsmen to the project design engineers and Sub-AMP managers.
- Assist GIS/CADD section with updating maps and other databases.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience and/or formal vocational/technical training in engineering or construction to perform the duties of the position.
- Minimum of 1-year specialized experience in understanding, analyzing and assigning preventive maintenance task to appropriate shops managers.
- Familiarization with shop capabilities and responsibilities of each shop functions.
- Understanding of utility systems (potable water, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, etc.) and pavement design and construction.
- Ability to update, write clear comprehensive and informative reports from infrastructure computer databases. Ability to collect, analyze and interpret technical data.
- Analyze and schedule recurring work independently with little or no additional instruction.
- Must be able to climb, stoop, bend, and kneel to perform assessments/data collection.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of office automation software (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel) required.
- Must successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- For positions requiring use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle, must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Hospital Indemnity Plan
• Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
• Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
• Accrued vacation and sick time
• 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.