Engineering Technician I – Contamination Control
Non-Exempt l CBA
Up to 10% of the time
$23.07 – $38.66
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a rapidly growing family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies owned by one of the largest Tribes in Alaska. For over 35 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US federal contractor worldwide, with employees in 27 states. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions in the GovCon industry as prime contractor, subcontractor, and member of joint ventures. As a Tribally owned company, THTBC is not subject to acquisition and is among the fastest growing companies in the GovCon industry.
Scope of Work:
Performs standard and routine tasks, records data and follows cleanroom procedures. Works under close supervision, receives on-the-job training in areas such as ESD sensitive areas, cleanroom facilities and all other cleanroom-type environments that exist. Depending on area of assignment, assists senior technicians and engineers in performing all aspects of contamination control on hardware, ground support equipment (GSE) and flight hardware used in and around ESD sensitive and/or cleanroom facilities. May also perform other duties associated within area of assignment as directed by lead personnel or management.
- Assure cleanliness of ESD laboratories, cleanrooms, flight hardware and non-flight hardware.
- Follow written/oral ESD laboratory and cleanroom procedures.
- Safe and effective use of cleaning chemicals supplies and equipment.
- Report facility-related problems to lead, supervision, engineering and/or management as they occur. Maintain equipment and proper level of supplies as required.
- May also perform temporary duties in other areas or other duties associated with area of assignment.
- Selects and adapts plans, techniques, designs or layouts to execute cleanroom related work. Contacts personnel in related activities to resolve problems and coordinate the work.
- Reviews, analyzes and integrates the technical work of others.
- Ability of adapt to weekend and holiday support on short notice and extended hours as required.
- Works from ladders, scaffolding, catwalks, cranes, boatswain chairs, suspended platforms or cages, etc.
- Works while bending, standing, stooping, kneeling or in a prone position for extended periods.
- Works in closely confined spaces.
- Lift and carry items up to 35 pounds. Pushes and pulls heavy objects.
- Ability to use hearing and vision protection and respiratory equipment.
- Ability to distinguish eight color panel display.
- Ability to work in a full cleanroom garment ensemble when required.
- Work indoors and out in high and low temperatures and in all types of weather conditions.
- Work in dusty, noisy, hot, high humidity, dirty and greasy environment.
- Work in areas where there may be materials that are irritating to eyes, nose, throat and skin while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Work with other personnel in a group that is team oriented.
- Accept and work within established policies and procedures pertaining to company rules and regulations.
- Education or years’ experience commensurate with skill level required for position complexity as determined by management.
- Must be computer literate. Familiarity with hand tools, electrical and mechanical principles is required.
- Working knowledge of the operation and maintenance of large hazardous research aerospace test facilities.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions from engineering or supervision.
- Ability to use own judgment and decisions to allow continuity of workflow.
- Must be self-motivated and a “Team Player” with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to organize time and assignments, to prioritize efforts for maximum effectiveness.
- Must obtain and maintain proper training relevant to position (i.e., ESD, Code 549 Clean Facility Access, Hazardous Waste, PPE, etc., within six months of hire if training is available).
- Must become familiar with relevant CC ISO Work Instructions.
- Must be able to learn precision cleaning methods on non-flight and non-critical hardware with senior CC technical oversight.
- Must be able to clean cleanroom facilities, gowning rooms, vestibules, etc., with senior CC technical oversight.
- Must be capable of passing required physical examinations and successfully completing assigned training or other required training or certifications as directed by ETIS III management.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued PTO
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.