Subsidiary: T&H Services
Job Title: Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Job Location: Blackstone, VA
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager will be responsible for partnering with site level operations teams to execute the company EHS policies and ensure compliance to all applicable regulations. This individual will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in company processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for THTBC/KIRA employees. The EHS Manager must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the operations teams and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis.
- Instruct and train Operations Supervisors in company EHS policies and assist teams in incorporating safety standards at their site.
- Identify best practices and incorporate them into company standards to continuously improve company safety policies.
- Communicate safety team expectations and give frequent and appropriate guidance and feedback to site safety teams and ensure they are executing to the core competencies of the company.
- Demonstrated ability to judge and assess safety talent and select appropriate bench strengths to current and future business needs.
- Measure site safety performance against government standards and identify a plan to address all deficiencies.
- Analyze safety metrics and review incidents weekly and monthly to discover trends and propose action plans.
- Audit record keeping practices to ensure compliance to safety standards and local regulations.
- Audit workplace organization and associate behavior to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
- Engage site Project Manager to drive long-term strategic actions to achieve incident reduction.
- Oversee and manage all OSHA and incident reporting.
- 7+ years of increasing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations. Government contracting a plus.
- BS/BA in Safety, Environmental, Occupational Safety and Health or a related field preferred
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and implement department safety goals and safety program strategies based on organization goals.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Certified Safety Professional preferred
- Must have knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test, criminal record check, and motor vehicle check.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.