Job Title: Seasonal Health and Sanitation Technician
Job Location: Juneau, AK
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. As a Native Alaskan, Tribally- Owned business, THTBC has a competitive edge unique in the US Federal Government contracting space, including access to US Government directed sole source contracts. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Under general supervision, the Health and Sanitation Technician is responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing of the facilities to ensure sanitary conditions at all times. Cleaning duties include general custodial work, floor scrubbing and basic upkeep of most areas in and around the facility.
- Accurately sets up sanitizing solutions by following instructions and guidelines posted
- Ensure frequently touched surfaces; doorknobs, desk surfaces, door plates, bathroom facet and counters are wiped down in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the safe use of appropriate chemical solutions to ensure the cleanest and most highly sanitized equipment
- Fills cleaning supplies as necessary; ensure that all hand sanitizers are stocked daily.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control and sanitation regarding hand washing and use of gloves when handling dirty and clean areas
- Communicates any related problems to appropriate staff
- Complies with federal, state, and local health/sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures.
- Follows facility and department, safety policies and procedures to include incident reporting.
- Follows facility and departmental infection control policies and procedures.
- Follows the facility's protocols for Hazardous Materials and Waste Program.
- Other cleaning duties as assigned.
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers.
- Ability to read, write and understand English with ability to follow written policies and procedures regarding chemicals
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and bend down or stoop frequently
- Must have ability to maintain assigned work hours
- Must have endurance to perform repetitive tasks over long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Ability to follow basic operating instructions.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completions of assigned tasks
- This position requires a valid driver’s license.
- One (1) year of related experience is preferred but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.