Subsidiary: KIRA Government Services
Job Title: Health/Safety Training Technician
Job Location: Fallon, NV
Schedule: Full Time
Job Classification: Non-Exempt – Union
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Teaches courses in one or more subjects in commercial, governmental, industrial, or service establishments. Prepares instructional programs in accordance with training or other course requirements, assembling material to be presented.
- Teaches courses in one or more subjects in commercial, governmental, industrial, or service establishments
- Prepares instructional programs in accordance with training or other course requirements, assembling material to be presented.
- Instruct students in the theoretical and practical aspects covering the subjects being taught.
- Utilizes such teaching methods as individual coaching, group discussion, lectures, demonstrations, seminars and workshops
- Selects or develops teaching aid such as wall charts, prepared notes, tape recordings, television, films and training handbooks
- Supervises practical work carried out by students, and assists them at points of difficulty
- Tests students to evaluate their learning progress and evaluate effectiveness of instruction.
- May arrange visits to or periods of employment in real-work situations to reinforce instruction.
- Maintains QA/Safety training database and the HAZMAT database and training records.
- Acts as focal point for all safety inspections, reporting, and safety analysis
- Complies with all applicable range regulations
- Ensures HAZMAT compliance and develops HAZMAT related Wis
- Maintains range AUL, Coordinates with NAS Fallon for HAZMAT instructions, procedures and policy
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy
- Associates Degree in a safety related field or equivalent
- Four years; experience in training with emphasis on instructor qualifications, record keeping and developing training programs.
- Three years’ knowledge of health and safety issues to include: knowledge of the federal 29 (labor), 40 (environmental) and 49 (transportation) CFR requirements.
- Experience and knowledge of training issues to include research-training requirements, development of training outlines and syllabuses, performs necessary training and maintains records.
- American Heart or American Red Cross CPR Certification
- First Aid Instructor Certification
- Advanced Emergency Medical Training, either EMT Basic certified or greater
- Formal HAZMAT/HAZWASTE training within 6 months
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency –Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.