Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Temporary – Estimated Completion Date 6/1/2023)
Kennedy Space Center, FL
Non-Exempt | CBA-IAM
T&H Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Heavy Equipment Mechanic analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds and maintains power equipment, such as cranes, power shovels, scrapers, paving machines, motor graders, trench-digging machines, conveyors, bulldozers, dredges, pumps, compressors and pneumatic tools.
- The Heavy Equipment Mechanic analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds and maintains power equipment, such as cranes, power shovels, scrapers, paving machines, motor graders, trench-digging machines, conveyors, bulldozers, dredges, pumps, compressors and pneumatic tools.
- Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects.
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges.
- Replaces defective engines and sub-assemblies, such as transmissions, and tests overhauled equipment to insure operating efficiency.
- The mechanic welds broken parts and structural members and may direct workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment.
- Repair, adjust, and maintain mining machinery, such as stripping and loading shovels, drilling and cutting machines, and continuous mining machines.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). Class A preferred.
- Must be trained and certified under Section 609 of the Clean Air Act by an approved EPA-approved program to service motor vehicle air conditioning (MVAC).
- Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVT) certification preferred.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have good organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to operate and service various rotating equipment.
- Must have working knowledge of computers and work-related computer programs associated with the position.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver’s License as required by the position.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete pre-employment screening to include Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, area permit(s), job related licenses, certifications etc. required by Federal, State, local, NASA and Air Force standards, rules, and regulations.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job including:
- Lift, push, pull, and carry heavy objects exceeding 30 pounds.
- Walk, stand, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, and bend/twist body for extended periods of time.
- Work at heights
- Walk up/down stairs frequently
- Climb ladders and scaffolding
- Use hands to handle, control, feel objects, tools and make adjustments to equipment controls.
- Frequently perform repetitive movements.
- Ability to correctly perform with corrective devices, tasks that require close visual acuity, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Wear job/task related/required PPE: i.e. safety shoes, hearing / eye protection, hard hat, respirators, gloves, fall protection etc.
- Tolerate in and outdoor extreme cold, heat and humid conditions for extended periods of time
- May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail.
- May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards.
- May be required to work a flexible work schedule and on alternating work days to meet mission and customer requirements.
T&H Services offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid short term disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life, long term disability, and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.