Job Title: Heavy Equipment Operator
Job Location: Fallon, NV
Schedule: Full Time
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Secret Clearance
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Heavy Equipment Operator/Mechanic operates and maintains/repairs heavy equipment such as commercial trucks and trailers, cranes, clamshell buckets, power shovels, motor graders, heavy loaders, all terrain fork lifts, aerial boom lifts, bulldozers, rollers, and scrapers. Operator/Mechanic may read and interpret location and set grade and slope. Operator/Mechanic may fuel, grease, adjust, and make repairs to equipment. The Heavy Equipment Operator/Mechanic analyzes malfunctions and repairs, fabricates, rebuilds and maintains power equipment. Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Operates heavy power construction equipment such as compressors, pumps, hoists, shovels, trucks, tractors, graders, bulldozers, front-end loaders, scrapers, and motor graders
- Responsible for operating equipment to maintain roadways and firebreaks, by excavating, moving and grading earth
- Erects structural and reinforcing steel
- Pours concrete or other road paving and construction materials.
- Performs loading, unloading, and lifting operations using heavy equipment
- Repairs and maintains equipment
- Required to overhaul major assemblies, heavy-duty vehicles, ATV’s, and heavy equipment
- Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges
- Welds broken parts and structural members
- Must be able to operate industrial metal working equipment such as metal lathes, drill presses, gas and electric welding equipment.
- Provides bombing range maintenance support as required.
- May be required to travel.
- Five years’ experience in operating heavy equipment and maintaining roadways.
- Three years’ related mechanical repair experience
- Heavy equipment operations training and certification
- Must possess a class A CDL.
- Obtain military vehicle operator’s certification
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements and company policy
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.