Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Information Operations Signals Engineering Technician VI
Job Location: Cherry Point, NC
Labor Category: Non-Exempt – Union
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: Up to 25% of the time
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
This Technician independently plans and accomplishes complete projects or studies of broad scope and complexity, or serves as an expert in a narrow aspect of a particular field of engineering, e.g., environmental factors affecting electronic engineering. Complexity of assignments typically requires considerable creativity and judgment to devise approaches to accomplish work, resolve design and operational problems, and make decisions in situations where standard engineering methods, procedures, and techniques may not be applicable. Supervisor or professional engineer provides advice on unusual or controversial problems or policy matters. Completed work is reviewed for compliance with overall project objectives.
This Technician will supervise, train and be assisted by lower level technicians, and performs, one or a combination of the following:
- Prepares designs and specifications for various complex equipment or systems (e.g., a heating system in an office building, or new electronic components such as solid-state devices for instrumentation equipment).
- Plans approach to solve design problems; conceives and recommends new design techniques; resolves design problems with contract personnel and assures compatibility of design with other parts of the system.
- Designs and coordinates test set-ups and experiments to prove or disprove the feasibility of preliminary design; uses untried and untested measurement techniques; and improves the performance of the equipment. May advise equipment users on redesign to solve unique operational deficiencies.
- Plans approach and conducts various experiments to develop equipment or systems characterized by (a) difficult performance requirements because of conflicting attributes such as versatility, size, and ease of operation; or (b) unusual combination of techniques or components.
- Arranges for fabrication of pilot models and determines test procedures and design of special test equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) field OR a combination of Associate’s Degrees in STEM fields and 10 years of experience in Communications Systems, Electronic Command and Control Systems, Radar Systems or related electronics fields
- Navy Cyber Security Workforce (CSWF) qualified
- CompTIA Security + OR CompTIA Network + OR equivalent
- In depth knowledge of Signal Emulator systems and Data Processing equipment
- In depth knowledge of Global System for Mobile (GSM) Communications systems
- In depth knowledge of High Frequency (HF), Very High Frequency (VHF) & Ultra High Frequency (UHF) frequency bands
- Valid State Issued Driver License
- Formal Military or Corporate Small Team Leadership training
- Excellent organizational skills and the abilities to prioritize and delegate tasks
- Ability to work well in and lead a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- May require a Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL), tower climbing certificate, aerial lift certificate or Communication Security (COMSEC) certificate
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency –Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.