Subsidiary: KIRA Aviation Services
Job Title: Irrigation Technician
Job Location: NS Mayport, Mayport, FL
Labor Category: Non – Exempt | SCA
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Irrigation tech maintains irrigation system for grounds of industrial, commercial or public property such as buildings, camp and picnic grounds, parks, playgrounds, greenhouses, and athletic fields, and repairs equipment. Duties may include performing unscheduled activities, notifying management of the need for servicing and additional cleaning.
The Irrigation Technician conducts, but is not limited to:
- Perform advanced irrigation system repair work, to include locating and troubleshooting existing water lines to detect area of failure and determine if systems are functioning properly and efficiently.
- Assist in the repair or replacement of such items as broken, leaky or corroding above and below ground level lines, pumps and valves.
- Perform minor repair work, as necessary, on clogged irrigation plumbing equipment, such as controllers and valves, wiring and heads.
- Perform functional and performance checks of back flow prevention's, meters and gauges, taking necessary corrective action to include maintenance and repair
- Perform tests to ensure adherence to pertinent city codes; maintain records as required.
- Service, clean and check for efficiency of valves, heads, nozzles and drains of irrigation systems
- Perform start up and shut down procedures, as required.
- Performs other grounds related duties as assigned but not limited to Mow, Weed eater, Edger, Backpack blower.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy.
- Knowledge and ability to program and operate irrigation control panels.
- Ability to determine future or immediate problems and to be proactive in repair keeping irrigation system in good working condition.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to follow basic operating instructions.
- Must have ability to maintain assigned work hours.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completions of assigned tasks.
- Reliable transportation to the worksite required.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- This position requires a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and criminal record check.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and bend down, squat, kneel, twist or stoop frequently.
- Must have endurance to perform repetitive tasks over long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Two (2) years of related Irrigation tech experience is preferred but not required.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency –Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.