Network Specialist – Entry Level
Scott AFB, O’Fallon, IL
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly-owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Our customer, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers, the department of Defense (DoD), and national security organizations. This position directly supports the DISA-provided GIG capabilities and services in our 24×7 Global Network Support Center (GNSC) working in our Transport, IP, and/or Unified Capabilities (UC) NOC.
- Responsible for overall network support for customer programs including monitoring and evaluating various components of the DISA Enterprise Network.
- Partner with the engineering team to provide specifications for network architecture, evaluate and integrate new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and perform needs assessments.
- Analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, and system architectures to develop solutions for network outages or other systems issues.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems.
- Interacts with customer and/or senior leadership regarding network engineering, technical considerations, and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
- May be required to troubleshoot issues utilizing established procedures.
- This is a rotating shift position and must be available for a rotating shift.
- Verify equipment is operating within parameters of predetermined configurations and react to alarms as necessary.
- Work with DoD SATCOM Gateway facilities and deployed operators to troubleshoot and resolve SONET, IP, and SATCOM network issues.
- Provide SONET/SDH/IP network support to include configuration of switches, routers, multiplexers, media converters, and modems.
- Utilization of diagrams, maps, cut sheets, and TSOs/SAAs/GAAs as source documentation for network configuration.
- Utilize ticketing applications to aid in customer problem tracking and resolution in all aspects of the network integral to our customer's communications.
- High School diploma and 3+ yrs. of related experience; Associate and Bachelor's degrees, preferred.
- Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 certification (Security+ CE) prior to start date.
- Ability to work in a 24/7 operation.
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, and performance management.
- Understanding of Satellite Communications (SATCOM) architecture and signal flow.
- Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, Promina, CISCO (multiplexers), Juniper, ADTRAN, MSPP, DWDM, Optical Switching, SATCOM/MILSATCOM.
- General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.
- Familiarity with the operation of trunk (bulk), MILSATCOM, and data encryption devices.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company-paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.