Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Plumber/Pipefitter
Job Location: 8120 Edgerton Dr. USAF Academy, CO 80840
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to perform a variety of exterior plumber trade functions for the base operations support of the USAF Academy project site
- Perform repairs and preventive maintenance to real property facilities and equipment, to include replacement.
- Install or repairs water, steam, gas or other types of pipe and pipefitting.
- Repair and maintain plumbing systems according to specifications and plumbing codes, studies building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required, and sequence of installations.
- Perform tasks efficiently and safely ensuring a smooth workflow.
- Lay out work and measuring to locate position of pipe from drawings or other written specifications, cutting various sizes of pipe to correct lengths with chisel and hammer, oxyacetylene torch or pipe cutting machines, threading pipe with stocks and dies.
- Bend pipe by hand-driven or power-driven machines, assembling pipe with couplings and fastening pipe to hangers, making standard shop computations relating to pressures, flow and size of pipe required.
- Make standard tests to determine whether finished pipes meet specifications.
- Primarily engaged in installing and repairing building sanitation or heating systems are excluded.
- Properly fill out all necessary paperwork related to work performed.
- Perform duties in lower related job classifications.
- Perform cleaning and housekeeping required in performance of normal maintenance and repair activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- In general, the work of the plumber/pipefitter requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ related experience and/or formal vocational/technical training.
- Minimum of HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check.
- Must have and maintain a valid CO state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.).
- Must be able to perform On-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of office automation software (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel) required.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.