Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Power Production Generator Mechanic
Job Location: Fallon, NV
Schedule: Full Time
Job Classification: Non-Exempt – Union
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Operate and maintain motor generators, power generators and back-up generators at remote locations and mountain tops throughout NAS Fallon Centroid Facilities & remote sites.
- Maintain, repair, and service Power Generators at the unit, direct support and general support maintenance level
- Perform daily preventative maintenance, including but not limited to, fueling, fluid checks, and overall functionality of power generating equipment at remote sites
- Perform direct support maintenance functions including replacing/overhauling major engine components, troubleshooting fuel, electrical or engine problems
- Must be able to read electrical schematic and perform technical inspections.
- responsibility for ordering and receiving service and replacement parts, coordinating generators and fuel tanks and inspecting and maintaining fuel tanks, and electrical wiring
- Routine travel to remote site facilities by vehicle and/or occasional helicopter travel to remote mountain top peaks
- Work may be reviewed by supervisor for compliance to accepted practices.
- at least 3 years of related experience
- High School Diploma required
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.