Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Quality Control Engineer
Job Location: USAF Academy, CO
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
Travel Requirement: N/A
Pay: $70,000 – $77,500
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide Quality Control oversight for the accomplishment of Professional Engineering Services in coordination with the Quality Manager and Civil Engineering Manager.
- Performs timely quality audits, technical reviews, design reviews, submittal reviews, contractor design reviews in coordination with design and construction personnel.
- Responsible for accurate, independent evaluation of Engineering Design and Construction Management packages. These include but are not limited to: Statements of Work (SOWs), project drawings, specifications, project schedules, Project Management Plans (PMPs), Quality Management Plan Forms (QMP), AE and Construction Independent Government Estimates (IGEs), Letters of Required Actions (LRAs), AE Most Highly Qualified letters, Funding Forms (327’s), Request for Funds (RFFs), Funds Authorization Requests (FARs), Technical Evaluations (Tech Evals) and Change Request Authorizations (CRAs).
- Maintains documentation of reviews and ensure overall compliance to Quality Control.
- Develops internal processes or procedures as needed to ensure consistency, traceability, effectiveness, and efficiency within the Quality group and supports the design and construction Quality supervisors’ directives.
- Reviews construction checklists, and master specification submittal list.
- Develops quality review checklists and reports for quality audits and assessments.
- Interfaces with various departments to discuss project status ensuring design and construction projects achieve milestones and closeout actions are promptly and accurately executed.
- Ensures the company is meeting or exceeding Government metrics in planning/programming, design, and construction management requirements.
- Audits databases, such as ACES-PM, to verify data accuracy and timeliness of updates.
- Ensures multi-disciplinary design reviews are completed and documented for each engineering project.
- Reviews, analyzes, and reports on quality issues in the design, construction, and operational phases of projects to analyze and report on nonconforming technical errors and provide recommended corrective actions.
- Works in concert with the Design Project Manager and Civil Engineering Manager to enhance project documents in order to provide quality packages to the Government Program Managers for review prior to submission to Base Contracting or the AF Civil Engineer Center (AFCEC).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- In depth knowledge and experience performing engineering facility design and/or construction project management. Engineering experience to include construction inspections and quality control evaluations. U.S. Air Force Civil Engineering design/project management experience preferred but not required. Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering (BSCE) or Architecture from an ABET accredited university desired.
- Knowledge of office automation software (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) required.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Position requires use of a Company vehicle. As such, applicant must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Must be able to read and write fluent English.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Hospital Indemnity Plan
• Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
• Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
• Accrued vacation and sick time
• 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.