Job Title: Recruiter
Job Location: Remote
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: 25% of the time
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Under the direct supervision of the Recruiting Manager, performs full range of functions related to recruiting personnel for THTBC, Program Phase-ins, and field-based projects and programs as needed. Develops pro-active ways to reach and attract candidates, makes initial contact, pre-screen candidates, determines employment options, coordinates employment offers, and facilitates the placement and hiring process.
1. Lead the recruiting efforts for positions which assigned
2. Assist HR team members during phase-in and/or surge recruiting efforts when needed
3. Develops sources pro-actively for hard to fill or unusual positions, while following the hiring processes
4. Maintain aggressive recruiting pace designed to shorten days to fill the requisition
5. Maintain a strong customer service rating with internal customers to include conducting hiring strategies on all newly posted positions
6. Maintain a strong relationship with candidates to include reviewing all internal applications within a minimum of three business days
7. Using current ATS, as well as a variety of other recruiting methods, develops a comprehensive program designed to identify potential qualified candidates for a wide variety of THTBC vacancies. This includes methods of advertising, posting, and publicizing vacancies, searching available job boards and data bases, and providing qualified candidates to hiring managers throughout the company. Develop new and unique recruiting methods through use of internet, ADP, diversity recruiting, cold calling, networking, and other tools
8. Coordinate and participate in Job Fairs, Transition Seminars, and other recruiting activities throughout the U.S. and, occasionally in overseas locations. This position will require travel to domestic and overseas locations in support of recruiting activities. Some travel may be for extended periods of time to support far-reaching domestic and international recruiting activities
9. Coordinate activities involved in external and internal selection. This includes, pre-screening applicants, setting up interviews and scheduling candidate travel, rental car, and hotel arrangements for interviews, compiling interview results, and notification of applicants concerning their select/not-select status. Send out offer letters and coordinate offer negotiations between candidate and hiring managers
10. Coordinate background checks, employment verification, Visa process, and reference checks, clearance status of potential candidates
11. Coordinate and schedule pre-employment physical exams/mental health exams/drug screens as required
12. Leads or participates in process improvement efforts in order to streamline or improve HR recruiting processes
13. Consult with hiring managers regarding vacancies, candidate selection, and initial on-boarding processes
14. Advises hiring managers on best practices for interviewing skills, talent acquisition process, and retention
15. Build strong, trusted relationships with hiring managers to understand their business and staffing requirements, ensuring the highest quality of candidates are presented in a timely manner
16. Collaborate with other members of the Human Resources Team to drive talent acquisition efficiencies and performance
17. Assist with New Hire orientation when required
18. Complete additional HR duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred
• A minimum of three (3) years of recruiting experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
• Familiarity with ADP or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Hospital Indemnity Plan
• Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
• Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
• 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.