Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
**RECRUITMENT BONUS OF $10,000.00**
$10,000 – Payout schedule of $5,000 after 30 days, and the remaining $5,000 after 90 days. (Must meet the eligibility requirements – no documented discipline).
T & H Services
Site Safety & Health Officer
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Responsible for safeguarding employees in a construction based field.
- Develops, implements, and administers quality, safety, and environmental programs.
- Trains employees.
- Audits and documents documents compliance.
- Investigates accidents.
- Works with subcontractors; evaluating loss data and directing loss prevention strategies.
- Maintains compliance ISO in standards.
- Perform administrative duties including filing, setting up classes, and running a Certification Program.
- Competent with Microsoft Office products and MAXIMO.
- Competent to give classes for up to 30 employees.
- Performs and documents Safety Site Checks.
- Serves as the central point of contact for all safety-related matters.
- Able to identify and perform mold/air quality inspections.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience in preparing and enforcing safety programs on contracts of similar size and complexity in the past, or three (3) years of experience if you possess a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or safety and health degree.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- BS degree in Occupational Safety and Health preferred.
- Completed OSHA 30-hour construction safety class or equivalent and maintain competency through 24 hours of formal safety and health-related coursework every four years.
- Knowledge in the following areas: OSHA standards for all safety programs: OSHA reporting; air quality, hazardous materials; industrial hygiene; pest control chemicals; HAZCOM – Right to Know; fit tests; monitoring confined space; chemical logs – reporting.
- Must have strong skills in software programs like Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, etc.
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and operating instructions.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills including public speaking.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completion of assigned tasks
- Must possess strong organizational skills and a strong ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks in a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules under pressure of deadlines while maintaining acceptable performance standards.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing. Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to perform on-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, including weekends and holidays.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company-paid Short Term Disability, Basic Life, and AD&D
- Employee-paid Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, and AD&D for dependents
- Vacation, Sick Time, and PTO Plan
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran’s status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.