Subsidiary: T&H Solutions
Job Title: System Engineer – Master – Secret
Job Location: Arlington, VA
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Seeking a Red Hat Linux (RHEL) engineer to join and expand our distinguished Systems Administration & Integration (SAI) team to operate and maintain our RHEL environment which includes Satellite services versions 5x/6x/ and 7x.
- Provide information technology support for both NIPRNet and SIPRNet environments and will include installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting support running on virtual servers.
- Monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- 8570 Certification: Security+, IAT-II
- Ability to develop custom tools using Puppet, Python and Bash to automate Linux infrastructure
- 10+ Years of Linux System Administration
- General understanding of Linux internals (system calls, file systems and processes)
- Experience with Linux Systems hardening (DISA’s STIG’s)
- Experience with maintaining Red Hat Satellite Server
- Experience with patch management, packaging and OS installs
- Must be highly versed in Linux administration and best practices
- Experience with supporting Linux VMs running in a VMWare environment
- Understanding of networking concepts such as routing and subnets
- Experiencing with developing and maintaining custom tools in Puppet, python, perl, ruby and/or Bash to automate UNIX infrastructure
- Team player and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently; adjust to changes and priorities and respond efficiently and effectively to emergency situation
- Excellent problem solving, attention to detail, multitasking, communication and complex troubleshooting skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Linux Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) servers and Security Centers
- Experience with monitoring tool Nagios
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years’ experience as a Linux Administrator
- Operational experience with RHEL7
- Familiarity with CentOS
- Ability to be on-call and carry on-call cellphone during non-working hours
- Ability to work off-hour shifts and weekend shifts as needed to support ongoing operations
- Must have a Secret clearance
- Desired Skills: Self-starter, proactive in determining goals and objectives and pursuing the necessary course of action and RHEL certification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.