Company: T&H Services
Job Title: Accounting Clerk III
Location: Fort Carson, CO
Pay Range: $19.34/hr- $21.52/hr Plus $4.54/hr Health and Welfare Benefits
Department: Account Payable- Finance
T&H Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
The Accounting Clerk III maintains balances and reconciles accounts. Typical duties include one or all of the following:
1.) reviewing invoices and statements verifying information, ensuring sufficient funds have been obligated, and if questionable, resolving with the submitting unit determining accounts involved. The review will include coding transactions, and processing material through data processing for application in the accounting system.
2.) analysis and reconciliation of computer printouts with operating unit reports (contacting units, researching causes of discrepancies, and taking action to ensure that accounts balance). 3.) May Support other Finance functions such as, payroll, invoicing, petty cash, etc. Supervisor provides suggestions for handling unusual or non-recurring transactions. Conformance with requirements and technical soundness of completed work are reviewed by the supervisor or are controlled by mechanisms built into the accounting processes.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with the department supervisors and Clerks/Material Schedule Coordinators to ensure that all orders are purchased at the lowest possible cost in the appropriate timeline.
- Review all new supplier orders. Contact suppliers to determine classification, terms of sale and other necessary information. Insure that supplier is accurately set up in MAXIMO.
- Review all contracts presented with order, modify and signed. Identify orders where contracts are necessary, secure those contracts and process orders.
- Place orders to appropriate suppliers
- Expedite problems regarding order delivery, damaged shipments, shipping errors, etc. Assist with resolving billing errors.
- Perform cost/price analysis for routine orders.
- Oversee and follow up on pending and return orders to insure processing is accomplished in minimal timeframe.
- Meet with suppliers.
- Ensures compliance with applicable government regulations. (FAR)
- Draft and submit requests for approval to COR and other Representatives of the DPW as required and/or needed.
- Confer with customers, supervisors, sub-contractors, and others to exchange information and resolve problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High School Dipoloma or Equivalent
A minimum of least two years of responsible warehouse experience, purchasing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred but not required: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field from a four-year college or university.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation. For positions requiring use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle, must have a safe driving record as defined by Company policy.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & ADD
- Employee paid voluntary life & AD&D for dependents
- Accrued Vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.