Subsidiary: T&H Services
Job Title: Maintenance Electrician
Job Location: Beaufort, SC
Labor Category: Non-exempt | CBA-IUOE
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Maintenance Electrician performs a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance, or repair of equipment, distribution, lighting, or utilization of electric energy.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs electrical wiring systems, switches, distribution panels and outlet boxes, and a wide variety of electrical fixtures.
- Inspects, maintains, cleans, repairs, tests, and adjusts a variety of electrical equipment, circuitry.
- Electrical equipment that shall require maintenance and repairs includes generators, transformers, switchboards, UPS systems, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating and air conditioning equipment and machinery, conduit systems, electrical buzzer and bell circuits, lighting circuits, air movement fans, master clocks, rheostats, thermostats, and electrical drills, grinders, or other related electrical equipment.
- Tests circuits and equipment by use of voltmeter, ammeter, wattmeter, and ohmmeter. Electrical circuits include voltage up to 600 volts, 3 phase current.
- Measures, cuts, threads, bends, assembles, and installs conduits, inserts, splicing and connecting wires to fixtures, outlets, switches, receptacles, and power source.
- Work with blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy.
- High school diploma.
- Must be knowledgeable of national and local electrical codes and have a valid Journeyman Electrical license.
Must have a minimum of three (3) years of journey-level experience and/or have completed a formal apprenticeship or equivalent formal vocational/technical training program on industrial electrical systems. Each complete year of accredited college education in a related filed may be substituted for equivalent number of years’ experience.
- Must be able to use hand tools, power tools, and appliances needed for the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical circuits, related fixtures, and hardware.
- Must be able to work from a scissor lift and or articulating boom lift.
- Must be able to follow maintenance instructions, schedules and inspection of work orders and other job assignments.
- Incumbent must be able to perform maintenance services, diagnose systems or equipment malfunctions, and complete repairs when required.
- Incumbent must have knowledge of the composition, operation, and installation of a variety of electrical systems, circuits, equipment, and controls.
- Must be able to plan, lay out and complete the installation, modification and repair of various electrical systems, circuits, equipment, and controls.
- Must be able to interpret and apply building plans, blueprints, wiring diagrams, and engineering drawings. Must be skilled in the use of a wide variety of test equipment such as voltmeter, ammeter, wattmeter, and ohmmeter.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job including standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, climbing, working in uncomfortable positions, and working in elevated areas.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and set up tools, equipment, and parts that weight up to 50 pounds.
- Must have knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test, criminal record check, and motor vehicle check.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.