Subsidiary: KIRA Aviation
Job Title: Engineering Technician V (Communications Engineering)
Job Location: Manns Harbour, NC
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Communications technicians maintain, construct, and repair the equipment used for electronic communications, cable televisions, satellites, wireless devices, phones, radio, and broadband equipment. Typical work on fiber optic lines, transmitters, antennas, and signal processing equipment can be expected, as well as network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, power meters, and RF generators.
• Establishes communications systems by installing, operating, and maintaining voice and data telecommunications network circuits and equipment.
• Work typically requires an understanding of the interrelationships of RF operating system diagnostics and circuits, exercising independent judgment in performing such tasks as making circuit analyses, calculating wave forms, and tracing relationships in signal flow, using complex test instruments such as high frequency pulse generators, frequency synthesizers, distortion analyzers, and complex computer control equipment.
• Determining the location and density of circuitry, evaluating electromagnetic radiation, isolating malfunctions, and incorporating engineering; changes.
• Maintain all communications systems and equipment and all associated down to components level. Coordinate preventative maintenance on all communications equipment. Perform complex troubleshooting, isolate malfunctions, repair equipment, and incorporate engineering changes.
• Use complex test instruments, such as pulse generators, spectrum analyzers, distortion analyzers, site masters and computer analytical equipment.
• Accurately document maintenance actions in established information system.
• Write and review work instructions and procedures for all communication systems /equipment.
• Support special tests, evaluations, equipment relocations, and new equipment installations as required.
• Ensure all configuration changes pursuant to the duties of this position are documented and approved IAW established processes.
• Interpret and prepare wiring diagrams, sketches and blueprints.
• Operate and maintain CCTV and other television communication systems.
• Repair and install communications boxes, switchboards, bells, buzzers, and telephones.
• Responsible for adhering to environmental, safety, and health standards related to the work activity, including the wearing of all personal protective equipment (PPE). Must cease work and notify lead, supervisor, or manager of all unsafe conditions.
• Able to work outdoors for extended periods of time; lift 50 pounds.
• May be required to travel up to 20% in performance of work, government joint travel regulations are applicable to all travel.
• Work is scheduled by the manager or supervisor based on mission schedule and fleet requirements. Mission support may require shifting of schedules to accommodate fleet readiness.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Contract Site Manager / Operations Manager.
• Will be operationally qualified at designated tech level within 6 months of hiring or promotion.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Formal classroom education equivalent to Navy “C” School or vocational school with formal training in the field of electronic equipment maintenance.
• 6-8 years technical experience with UHF/VHF and digital communications systems (or equivalent military experience).
• Electronic maintenance background in four or more of the following areas:
• Digital/analog signal processing;
• Communications (multiplexer equipment, VHF, UHF, HF, microwave, fiber-optic);
• PC computer systems;
• Test equipment;
• Optical equipment;
• RF signal processing;
• Low voltage AC equipment;
• Closed networks security systems
• Abe to speak, read, and write English.
• Must possess & maintain an active secret clearance.
• Must possess & maintain a valid state Driver’s License
• Must obtain & maintain current CPR/First Aid certification.
• Must obtain & maintain a current RF Radiation Awareness certification
• Must be able to meet DoD 8570 CSWF IAT I qualifications as required by specific system access
• May be required to maintain current COMSEC certification.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Hospital Indemnity Plan
• Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
• Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
• Accrued vacation and sick time
• 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.