Job Title: Environmental/Energy Manager
Job Location: NAS Pensacola
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Must Successfully Obtain Government Security Clearance
Travel Requirement: Up to 25% of the time
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide effective management of the Environmental/Energy Program
- Review and maintain all environmental permits, files and documents. Understand all permit obligations and assure that systems are in place to meet all permit and regulatory requirements, assuring that all reporting is done on time and that all reports are accurate.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures and with all regulatory requirements and maintaining a positive relationship with the relevant state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Develop systems and compliance processes to assure environmental compliance with governmental regulations
- Ensure all data, statistics and information required by management, government bodies and agencies is accurately and timely compiled and produced.
- Facilitate risk assessment at operating locations to identify critical hazards and aspects.
- Supports new projects to ensure regulatory compliance and timely approvals from governmental agencies.
- Interface with government counterparts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum two years experience managing an environmental and energy conservation program. Must include hazardous waste, energy, and water management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences; Engineering, Biology or Chemistry preferred
- Licensed Professional Engineer preferred
- Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow up.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work with all levels of Management and Supervisors.
- Must be able to handle sensitive information.
- Must have data entry skills and experience using current computer software applications.
- Working knowledge of office automation software (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) is required..
- Must be able to successfully complete a background check as required.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license. Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check. Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.