Subsidiary: KIRA Aviation Services
Job Title: Food Service Worker
Job Location: Fairfield, PA
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of the position is to serves as a dining facility worker helping in the preparation, presentation and serving of specialty meats, delicacies, preserved foods, cheeses, salads, breads and sweets to patrons.
- The incumbent assists in weighing, pricing and wrapping selected foods on plates, trays and in bags, prepares food displays in counter cases and other display units, greets customers as they arrive at service counter, takes special orders, and answers basic customer questions about specialty foods.
- Using prepared ingredients and following routine, repetitive steps, this Worker makes hot and/or cold sandwiches, fruit and vegetable trays, salads and rotisserie chicken, may slice and/or mix simple ingredients, as needed, cleans counters and trays, washes dishes and maintains cleanliness of preparation, work and display areas, inspects and cleans equipment.
- This Worker may assist in any or all of the following: measuring and mixing ingredients as directed, assists in preparing, cooking and decorating breads, rolls, pastries, cakes and other bakery items, receives, unloads trucks, and stores stock, takes special orders or unusual food requests from customers, takes payment and makes change for customers.
- Will be required to clean equipment and maintain sanitation standards. Responsible for cleaning the kitchen and dining area to include floors, equipment, filters (clean/replace), ventilation hoods, walls, light fixtures, as well as general kitchen cleaning. Stores cleaned items and cleaning material. Collects soiled dishes, scrapes, and soaks items. Disposes of food wastes in garbage disposal or trash receptacle. Cleans and sanitizes kitchen equipment, pots and pans, counters, and tables.
- Display good customer relation skills and take initiative to greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Prepares dining and serving areas by setting up counters, stands, and tables. Places food containers in serving order, fills salt and pepper shakers, and places linen and silverware on tables.
- Responsible for picking up and storing non-food items, cleaning solutions, and paper products, kitchen cleaning and operations (machine and manual washing) and perimeter cleaning functions. Responsible for sanitation, cleanliness and ensuring the Galley is visually appealing and orderly.
- Serving Line – Responsible for set-up, serve, breakdown and replenish the serving lines, the beverage refrigerators, and the juice dispensers. Sweep, mop and clean the serving lines, warmers, refrigerators, beverage dispensers and the coffee machine after each meal. Assist with salad and bar. Serving main course, and speed line items, meats, vegetables, starches, and short order items during the daily serving hours. Washes and sorts dishes, glassware, and silverware.
- Performs cashiering duties.
- Reports to Lead, Food Service Manager, and Program Manager.
- Cross-train to support at least one area outside of their normal assignment.
- Other duties as assigned
- One (1) year of experience working in a commercial or military kitchen preferred.
- Must possess the ability to clean food preparation areas IAW MIL-STB-3006C and the ability to prepare food that is compliant with DoD 1338.10-M.
- Licenses/Certifications: Must be capable of completing the certification training IAW the TB Med 530–Tri Service Food Code. Possess or be able to obtain ServSafe certification.
- Knowledge of Military (Tri – Service Food Code/TB Med 530) regulations and policies governing, at a minimum, food storage, preparation, and serving preferred.
- Must satisfactorily complete medical clearance requirements.
- The worker must be able to endure the conditions of and be able to work in a commercial kitchen environment (extreme heat/cold etc.). Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing. Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Requires periods of non-traditional working hours including consecutive nights or weekends when necessary.
- Fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid Disability, Basic Life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary Life and AD&D for dependents
- Vacation, Sick Time or PTO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law.
EEO Information-English Version Pay Transparency -English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.