Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide priority service to facilities and systems. Conducts periodic inspections, identifies problem areas, and coordinates repair methods.
- Maintains, repairs and manages the heat generator boilers.
- Operates, maintains and repairs HVAC equipment .
- Treats air by controlling temperature, humidity, cleanliness, and distribution of specific areas by means of an integrated system of air conditions and ventilation equipment, accessories, and control devices.
- Works with chilled and heated water systems, boilers, hydronic hot/cold water distribution systems, cooling towers; packaged, split systems; and air delivery systems and their controls and components.
- Solders, brazes, and performs minor electrical work and troubleshoots equipment to a replaceable component level.
- Reads and interprets WOs, parts requests, drawings/schematics/blueprints, and manuals in accomplishing operation or and maintenance.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Successfully completed trade school in refrigeration, heating and cooling.
- Minimum two (2) years' related experience in HVAC repair and maintenance.
- Must hold a valid EPA refrigeration handling certification.
- Must possess a valid and current Universal 608 certification.
- Candidate must be able to obtain a NATE certification within six months of hire.
- General knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the HVAC trade.
- Able to read and interpret Work Orders, parts requests, drawings/schematics/blueprints and manuals in order to accomplish assigned duties.
- Proven hands-on experience in the use and care of hand tools.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team, or alone, and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and operating instructions.
- Knowledge of proper methods of storing equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Must have knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Ability to train and provide work direction to lower-level Maintenance Technicians.
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, assign and review work.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, shop drawings, sketches, and work orders to others.
- Ability to estimate labor and materials costs and make arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and meet schedules and timelines.
- Ability to maintain routine records.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completions of assigned tasks.
- Must hold and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test, criminal record, and motor vehicle check.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push, or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid short term disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life, long term disability and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.