Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Non- Exempt | SCA
Must be capable of obtaining Top Secret Clearance
Scope of Work:
The Locksmith shall be fully equipped to manage security locks for both commercial and Federal government environments, including mechanical and electrical locking devices, as well as tenant security safes. Must be capable of obtaining a Top Secret government security clearance.
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform Routine, Urgent, or Emergency Work Requests for changes to dial or push-button combinations on all makes of safes, vaults, access doors and other security containers or devices.
- Replace combination locks and install locking devices and/or systems in a professional manner per applicable accepted industry regulations, standards, practices and procedures.
- Install and maintain Simplex Unican Push Button Locks with key overrides.
- Disassemble, lubricate, adjust, and reassemble locks.
- Change combinations on all makes of locks, safes, doors, and vault doors, and perform related general maintenance such as but not limited to tightening of mounting screws, bolt level screws, loose spline keys, etc.
- Open and repair security containers, vault doors, and doors leading into security-controlled areas on which the combination lock has malfunctioned or when the combination is unknown.
- Change combinations on various electronic and mechanical combination locks, cypher locks and electronic keypads.
- Instruct the custodian or alternate in the proper operation of the lock and equipment to which it is attached.
- Neutralize lockouts of containers, vault doors, and other security equipment utilizing group 1 combination locks, using drilling techniques that shall do the least amount of damage to the security equipment.
- Replace all drilled security containers, vault doors or other equipment that is controlled by a combination lock with a new combination lock of the type specified.
- Release security container locking bolts that are binding, sticking, or shall not release when the drawer is closed.
- Adjust the unit locking mechanism of drawers that are not locking or releasing.
- Repair or replace body slides, suspension runners, channels, or cradle suspensions.
- Repair or replace vault door bent or defective bolt mechanism, cam assembly mechanism, handle/arbor, door alignment.
- Install new thumb latches, handles, and/or mechanism to eliminate cause of defect or breakage.
- Level safes, storage containers and vault doors for proper operation.
- Open and repair control drawer when handle of containers become defective or disengaged.
- Repair/adjust bolt release lever.
- Repair/replace defective screw/roller on gang linkage mechanism.
- Report any unauthorized, defective, or in any way altered lock work.
- Maintain receipt, issuance, safeguard maintenance and accountability for spare keys, special keys, designated locks, and security-associated items that require restricted servicing, handling, or storage.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- US Citizen required.
- Must be capable of obtaining a TOP SECRET Security Clearance.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent education required.
- 5-10 years experience
- Participated in the Proficiency Registration Program (PRP) of the Associated Locksmiths of America (ALOA), or provide documentary evidence of equivalent standards of education, training and experience in subjects included in the mandatory and elective categories of the PRP.
- Possess a certificate of satisfactory completion or graduation from a recognized and accredited locksmith school or institute sponsored or approved by the ALOA.
- Certification and licensing required for service in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia.
- Certified by Kaba-Mas to install, repair, and diagnose issues associated with high security electronic locks
- Excellent communication, organizational and writing skills.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work as an individual or on a team.
- Must be able to work an on-call schedule as needed based on the security situational problems/issues dealing with locking of buildings.
- Travel throughout the United States and its territories may be required.
- Physical requirements include lifting, climbing, extended sitting or standing, or other physical efforts that are normally required. Working conditions include a combination of an office environment and outdoor activities. Outside working conditions include potential exposure to extreme high temperatures, dry and dusty conditions.
- Required PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision, and Lifts and carries all types of working materials and equipment of the trade depending on the assignment, hearing protective devices.
- May handle materials and equipment that weigh over 50 pounds or more.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.