Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Plumber, Maintenance
Job Location: Rock Island Arsenal, Rock Island, IL
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Perform a variety of plumber trade functions at the Rock Island Arsenal property.
- Perform repairs and preventive maintenance to facilities and equipment, to include replacement.
- Repair and maintain plumbing systems according to specifications and plumbing codes, studies building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required, and sequence of installations.
- Replace washers, mend broken pipes, and open clogged drains.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using screws, bolts, solder, plastic solvent, and caulking.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, and fixtures, such as sinks, toilets and tubs, using hand and power tools.
- Study building plan and inspect structure to determine required materials and equipment and sequence of pipe installations.
- Cut opening in structures to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
- Locate and mark position of pipe installations and passage holes in structures, using measuring instruments, such as ruler and level.
- Cut, threads, and bends pipe to required angle, using pipe cutters, pipe-threading machine, and pipe bending machine.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Join pipe by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, and caulks joints, fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking, installs and repairs plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, commodes, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, and water softeners.
- Perform cleaning and housekeeping required in the performance of normal maintenance activities.
- Maintains accountability of all issued tools.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
In general, the work of the plumber requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy.
- Four (4) years’ experience as a journeyman.
- Must possess a plumber’s license
- Backflow certification preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver’s License as required by the position.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete pre-employment screening to include Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.). Outside work in winter, summer, rain, sleet, and snow and on uneven terrain – side hills and slopes.
- Must be able to work alternate and extended shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer to include weekends and holidays.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Duties will require frequent periods of bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, and reaching above shoulder level, and kneeling. Occasionally require periods of crawling and climbing.
- Must possess the ability to work in confined spaces such as manholes, steam tunnels and pump stations. Must be able to perform On-call duties when and report to work within the required timeframe from notification.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid Disability, Basic Life and AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary Life and AD&D for dependents
- Vacation, Sick Time and PTO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran’s status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.