Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Perform a variety of plumber trade functions.
- Perform repairs and preventive maintenance to facilities and equipment, to include replacement.
- Repair and maintain plumbing systems according to specifications and plumbing codes, studies building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required, and sequence of installations.
- Replace washers, mend broken pipes, and open clogged drains.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using screws, bolts, solder, plastic solvent, and caulking.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, and fixtures, such as sinks, toilets and tubs, using hand and power tools.
- Study building plan and inspect structure to determine required materials and equipment and sequence of pipe installations.
- Cut opening in structures to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
- Locate and mark position of pipe installations and passage holes in structures, using measuring instruments, such as ruler and level.
- Cut, threads, and bends pipe to required angle, using pipe cutters, pipe-threading machine, and pipe bending machine.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Join pipe by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, and caulks joints, fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking.
- Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, commodes, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, chilled water pumps, sump pumps, sewage pumps and water softeners.
- Perform cleaning and housekeeping required in the performance of normal maintenance activities.
- Troubleshooting efforts and repairs steam, water, and gas distribution systems.
- Perform monthly preventive maintenance, Inspects, tests, repairs all sizes of cross-connection/ RPZ backflow assemblies ensuring they meet applicable plumbing codes and rules.
- Maintains accountability of all issued tools.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- In general, the work of the plumber requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Three (3) years’ experience as a journeyman.
- Must possess a current Alaska Journeyman Plumbing license.
- Backflow testing certification and installation for the state of Alaska.
- Proven hands-on experience in the use and care of hand tools.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team, or alone, and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and operating instructions.
- Knowledge of proper methods of storing equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Must have knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Ability to train and provide work direction to lower-level Maintenance Technicians.
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, assign and review work.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, shop drawings, sketches, and work orders to others.
- Ability to estimate labor and materials costs and make arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and meet schedules and timelines.
- Ability to maintain routine records.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completions of assigned tasks.
- Must hold and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test, criminal record, and motor vehicle check.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push, or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.