Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Subsidiary: T&H Solutions
Job Title: SCOM Engineer
Job Location: Joint Base Andrews
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: 5% to 10%
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
This position is part of a team that tracks system performance using in-place monitoring tools such as SCOM, SolarWinds, and vCenter to support comprehensive monitoring and application/Infrastructure performance and availability.
- Support all aspects of Air Force Nation Capital Region (AFNCR) enterprise operations, to include technical planning, design, development, integration, assessment, and requirements analysis, as well as future capability needs (near and long-term) to drive the design and maintain an IT Enterprise.
- Supports customer requirements in a 24/7/365 IT enterprise operations environment.
- Perform administrative tasks from the System Center Operation Manager (SCOM)
- Review and update SCOM console security, apply patches, create SCOM console roles and reviews, and create and install custom Management Packs (MP) as needed.
- Deliver SCOM views, create custom reports on results of SCOM monitoring, use SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) technologies, and provide problem resolution for SCOM components and related custom scripts.
- Build Executive Dashboards via Web interfaces or other dashboards
- Identifies application and infrastructure performance and scalability risks and mitigation for risks in a timely manner.
- Identifies trends, implements new solutions/processes that fix issues, and continually strives toward moving from a reactive stance to a proactive stance.
- Ensures that applications deployed will properly scale and meet expected SLAs for Performance, Availability, Scalability and Stability
- Monitors and reports for existing applications/systems and infrastructure.
- Creates automated solutions for data collection and reporting for existing applications and infrastructure for Performance and Availability
- Reviews and analyzes Web Application Performance and end user experience (client-side browser profiling), utilizing a deep understanding various monitoring tool.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience, additional years of related experience, certification and/or training may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- On premise support is required
- Experience and knowledge of IT enterprise operations in the AFNCR
- Experience working in large enterprise operations environments that include: the identification, development, analysis, scheduling and managing of enterprise IT activities, solutions/risk mitigations, artifacts, and migrations.
- Experience applying systems engineering fundamental concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments.
- Understanding of information technology functions and services supporting the AFNCR and the missions of its respective agencies
- Experience developing and leading enterprise automation and enterprise class commercial technology integrations.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing enterprise automation and technologies systems engineering practices, especially in collaborative environments.
- Experience in collaborating with other enterprise technologists both internal and external to resolve complex technical issues.
- Experience in supporting and coordinating across senior level organizations.
- Experience mentoring junior team members.
- Ability to communicate with senior management and customers.
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP).)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.