Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Subsidiary: T&H Solutions
Job Title: VDI/VMware Engineer
Job Location: Joint Base Andrews
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: 5% to 10%
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Provide VDI/VMware support
- Supports innovations analysis to improve infrastructure operations such as devsecops, containers, intune device management and hybrid cloud management
- Leads the day-to-day operational support for server, storage or network infrastructures.
- Builds, patches, tests (check for compatibility issues, conducts QA) and deploys complex systems and platforms meeting clients’ needs and specifications.
- Leads in planning and implementing changes to infrastructure with the goal of enhancing performance.
- Performs storage and server data backup, data migration and disaster recovery operations.
- Performs software and operating system upgrades and track system licensing.
- Configures security settings or access permissions for groups and individuals.
- Provides technical support (help desk) to users by troubleshooting problems related to network or platform performance.
- Documents complex procedures and troubleshooting procedures related to systems/networks software and hardware.
- Leads the configuration and maintenance of office and/or production software, adjunct support and/or utility software, i.e. Virus malware protection, office application suites and/or application software.
- Works with Business Applications, vendors, consultants, contractors, and IT personnel from other Bureaus, Divisions, and Departments.
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to other Engineers and Administrators.
- Lead the office’s initiative to hybridize current infrastructure
- Experience deploying, tuning and optimizing SIEM products such as LogRhythm and SPLUNK
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or related field
- At least five years of systems engineering experience including the management of virtual infrastructure
- Proficient with PowerShell, SCCM
- Excellent communication, organizational and time-management skills
- Experience with VMware Components, VM Networking, Nic Teaming /Load Balancing, SSO Configuration/Setup and Storage preferred.
- From the VDI Side: Experience with VMware Horizon, Pools, Traffic flow, Authentication, Provisioning, and Imaging preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.